Employment and training
Supporting people to move towards or gain employment.
We wish to fund support and training for those who are the furthest from the job market giving them the opportunity to build their confidence, identity and self-worth and reach their personal potential to work.
- People have improved soft skills, are moving towards employment and/or being work ready.
- People have developed appropriate technical skills (including literacy, numeracy and job-specific qualifications) and are more likely to gain employment as a result.
- People have engaged in training to reach their personal potential to work or volunteer.
High need groups
- Young people
- People experiencing homelessness
- People with a disability
Examples of current grants
- Career coaching and employability support for young care leavers.
- ESOL and IT classes for unemployed people who have recently arrived in the UK.
- Supported work experience for ex-offenders.
- Café providing volunteering placements for people experiencing mental health problems.