Help at a critical moment
Helping people to rebuild their lives following a crisis, critical moment, trauma or abuse
We want to fund services that support people to overcome a crisis, critical moment, trauma or abuse and move on with their lives. Work that we support in this area is likely to be holistic and reasonably intensive.
- People are supported at a time of crisis, critical moment, trauma or abuse, and helped to move on positively with their lives.
- There is an improvement in how people feel about themselves e.g. improved confidence, self-esteem, resilience, or well-being.
- People have improved mental health and/or ability to cope.
High need groups
- Victims/survivors of domestic abuse
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Children who have been sexually exploited
- Those in mental health crisis
- Those involved in sex work and those who are victims of trafficking
- Victims of hate crime
- People experiencing homelessness
Examples of current grants
- Specialist one-to-one support and advocacy for people who have been victims/survivors of domestic and/or sexual abuse.
- A recovery and support service for families where a parent has experienced a mental health crisis.
- Counselling and psychotherapy service for refugee and asylum-seeking women.
- An arts based mentoring programme working with offenders in the run up to release from prison.