Helping people, whose actions or behaviours have led to negative consequences for themselves and others, to make positive choices
We want to fund services that work to reduce harmful behaviours such as offending and/or drug/alcohol misuse. We are looking to support interventions that are relatively intensive and treat individuals holistically while challenging harmful attitudes and behaviours.
- People have access to quality specialist rehabilitation services that enable them to move on positively with their lives.
- There is a change in people’s ability to cope that results in them being less likely to engage in harmful behaviours.
- A reduction in harmful behaviours over time (e.g. a reduction in offending or alcohol/drug consumption).
High need groups
- Young people at risk of offending
- Substance misusers
- Perpetrators of domestic abuse
- Prisoners and ex-offenders
Examples of current grants
- A treatment centre providing a structured rehabilitation programme for people with alcohol and/or drug abuse issues.
- A perpetrator programme working to reduce sex offending.
- An early intervention programme working with disaffected young people displaying antisocial behaviour.
- A programme working with both victims and perpetrators to address domestic abuse.