Amount Given: £163,200 over 3 years (funding from 2019 to 2022)
This application was made under our Strengthening Communities grant programme towards the running costs of a drop in service. The organisation is based within the bottom 10% of deprivation based on the government Indices of Multiple Deprivation.
Mary Mosinghi, Grants Manager
Ingol and Tanterton Community Trust (Intact) is a grass roots community organisation based in Ingol, Preston within England’s 7% most deprived areas. The people Intact support are vulnerable, socially isolated adults. Many people accessing Intact’s centre face multiple issues affecting their quality of life.
Intact delivers a wide range of services to people who need them. Their core work includes;
- Drop-in and 1-1 support which helps people overcome their problems
- Welfare and debt advice
- Work clubs which help people find a job
- UK Online and IT training giving people access to learning especially IT
- Family, social and health related activities giving people somewhere to go and something to do, leading to reduced isolation and improved health
- A wide range of volunteering opportunities and several community events
The Intact centre is a vital part of community life for residents. The area has a high number of socially isolated adults and families who feel ‘cut off’ from the rest of the city and community as a whole.
Find out more about the work of the Ingol and Tanterton Community Trust
Denise Hartley MBE, Chief Executive, Ingol and Tanterton Community Trust (Intact)
‘This is a brilliant community resource. The staff are wonderful. You are made to feel at home.’
‘I love the Intact Centre! Such a hub for the local community!’
‘I used to have my own business, it was really busy but got too much and I became bankrupt. I needed help and support as I got into debt and things went from bad to worse. Intact is amazing, I don’t know what I would do without it, I am so grateful for all you do, thank you.’